Living in Liberty – The PGHPUSH 2021 Partner!
How Things Started…
Living in Liberty(LIL) was started in 2012 by Elizabeth Echevarria out of a desire to serve women exiting a life of sex trafficking that began when a missionary from India visited her church.
Realizing she was not going to be moving her family and husband to India she learned that it was just as prevalent here in the US. She attended ministry school and began learning that services for women were needed here in the Pittsburgh area.
She proceeded to purchase a home and Living in Liberty was created.
Living in Liberty’s mission
Restore dignity, freedom, and a new life to victims of commercial sexual exploitation by creating a safe, secure, loving, and nurturing community where healing occurs and a new life begins.
Living in Liberty accomplishes this through the following programming:
- The awareness and prevention team offers presentations and training on human trafficking through lectures, table displays, and simulations. We will go to anyone who invites us to speak.
- The Street Outreach team visits women on the streets weekly, serving them through prayer, counsel, and practical assistance while inviting them to our care center. We provide hot meals, donations, and other services at our weekly care centers. We conduct outreach in five locations across the city; Homewood, North Side, McKeesport, Butler, and Southside. Through the care center, we are able to build relationships with the women and connect them with resources to get them off the streets and out of prostitution, addiction and homelessness.
- The Liberty Safe Home’s located in the North HIll’s of Pittsburgh provides a safe and secure home for survivors who can stay for 1 year to 18 months in a 5 phase program. The program offers assistance in addiction recovery, counseling, job and life skills training, discipleship, and support on the journey to independence and freedom.
- Repurposed store is located on McKnight Road in Ross Township
Repurposed has a five a fold purpose:
- Provide financial support for the work that we do
- Raise awareness about Human Trafficking
- Support organizations and women around the world doing anti-trafficking working by selling items they have made.
- Provide clothing and other items for the women we serve in our street outreach and in our safe home.
- Provide Job training to the women we work with in our home.
Enter Pittsburgh PUSH!
Help Pittsburgh Marketers Refine Their Skills and Support an Amazing Cause!
Pittsburgh PUSH is made up of a handful of local marketing experts who wanted to find a way to help grow the quality of marketing professionals in the Pittsburgh area and at the same time, help support the local community.
PGH Push will be a one-day event, where attending marketing professionals will be presented the framework of a marketing campaign.
In one day, we will create, design, and deliver a turnkey, multi-channel marketing campaign to the folks at Living for Liberty that will aid them on their Mission.
- 8:30 - 9:00 AM - Registration table opens
- 9:00 - 9:30 AM - Welcome
- 9:30 - 11:30 AM - Workshop
- 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM - Networking Lunch
- 12:30 - 3:00 PM - Workshop
- 3:00 - 4:00 PM - Final Pitch & Winner Selection
Create a collaborative environment in which 70-100 Pittsburgh marketing professionals can network and work together to launch an impactful marketing campaign for a local nonprofit.
Provide a fun and educational 12-hour experience that allows Pittsburgh marketing professionals to grow through providing opportunities to develop project management skills, work with skilled leaders, and work hands-on to implement new ideas.
Collaboratively develop a sustainable and impactful nonprofit marketing campaign that can be maintained and reported on within that organization for at least one year.